Table Scapes: A Very Buffalo Plaid Christmas
If you know me, or have been following along for a while you know how much I love these sorts of things but also that I don’t ever execute them myself! This year my brilliantly creative Sister in Law hatched a plan for a Buffalo plaid themed Christmas dinner and it couldn’t have been more perfect!
If you are like us and Christmas itself is only the beginning of many family meals in many different places you might still be looking for some ideas to break away from the traditional festive feast decor & this is a great one! With Buffalo plaid being so in right now you can actually find quite a few different things to add to your decor just at your local craft or dollar store!
As we are in Pemberton this year there was no shortage of firewood and trees to add to the effect, but you could always use whatever branches, berries or boughs you can forage wherever you are at!
Here’s quick run down, but you could do as much or as little as you want and add your own touches too!
- Wrapping paper table runner! Inexpensive as well as easy to clean up, just toss it in the fire (or recycling).
- Paper straws – can be found at most dollar stores and craft stores these days and add a great touch!
- Mason jars for glasses, I had just bought a pack of 12 for freezing smoothies in but hadn’t put that plan in motion yet. You can buy them at most grocery stores this time of year, or in the canning aisle at your hardware store.
- Place cards – plain white with plaid ribbon detail and little bear shaped paper notes with names written on them.
- Black or brown plain wrapping paper in the centre of the table – you can write on it easily with chalk however you want to add some detail!
- Red and white votive candles to add that nice glowy light.
- Tree boughs, a wreath, pine cones and firewood to keep on the lumberjack theme!
- You can even ask everyone to wear plaid too, it added an extra element of fun!